December 2014 S M T W T F S « Oct 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
TagsBPM Bytecode Cache DATE operations Dell DFC Documentum DQL eAccelerator EMC Support ESXi Forum FreeNAS GMail google Google Calendar Google No Hurricane IBM xSeries Ike Ike 2008 JavaDocs Mandrake 10.1 NAS NASLite OpenFiler PHP5 PHP Performance Properties Component SuSE 9.2 Ubuntu Ubuntu 9.04 UCF UCF_E_SPECIFY_APPLICATION (PDF) Virtualization VMWare WDK WDK Customization
This was sometime back, probably a year or so ago.
I had a RAID1 array with two SATA2 drives that was actively being used as my primary storage. The array was a NAS managed by OpenFiler and formatted as an XFS file system. later on, I obtained a 1U rack server to manage all my data in a central location. I decided to go with Ubuntu Server edition with a thin desktop manager to get me VNC. Adding these drives without loosing any data was the objective and it was an interesting exercise achieving this.
Upgraded my Ubuntu distribution on my server yesterday night and restarted; This morning I was not able to access my site. I realized that I had not recompiled my eAccelerator for the new version of PHP because I did not note that in the 280+ packages that were upgraded, PHP was one of them !!! but the site is live again.
This is what I saw in my apache error logs:
Numerical result out of range: FastCGI:
but my php log was more to the point
It has been a while since I updated my blog. After I moved into my new house, I had re-assembled my old system and moved my server from my primary desktop. Now that I had more space, I wanted to get this second system up and running. This is a very old system and the first one I assembled/owned in the US. It has an Intel 850GB motherboard with 1.5 GB RDRAM running at 1.4 GHz (Intel Pentium 4 class single core). Though the system could handle the load, the Ubuntu server edition I had installed was giving me segfault issue frequently. Those of you who had been visiting my site would have noticed a lot of downtime thanks to all these segmentation faults. The memory was clean; verified by numerous memtest runs on them but the problem persisted.
As I was contemplating a new server, one of my friend favored me by giving me his IBM xSeries Continue reading
Winds started at 1:00 PM this afternoon. They have become stronger. The rains have just started to drizzle….
@ 10:50 PM – Winds getting Stronger !!
@~midnight, the Hurricane hit us with full force. It was a great experience to hear the wind howling. Luckily we were safe but I can’t imagine how the affected would have been! Galveston was washed away. Lot of lives to repair.. and I guess there are certain things that even time won’t heal!!
This is a very often encountered error on the client’s machine. I have seen many blame the JRE on the machine or UCF installation itself. Some have suggested that the user update his webtop preferences or modify windows registry. This issue however is related to the acrobat installation on the client machine. Continue reading
There was a question on the support forum today where a user wanted to hide certain attributes on the new document creation page but show it on the document properties page. This cannot be achieved by configuration in DAB as the definition would make it universal. The only way to do this is to customize the WDK component.
I am one of the top 25 contributors in the EMC support forums. That’s a nice honor to have and I am glad that I have been able to help people find solutions to their problems. Having dealt with EMC’s official support, I know how important the forum is. I have added two pages with links to important support notes and forum discussions. I will be updating my site with information on Documentum especially WDK/DFC development.
I am eagerly waiting to see the t-shirt that EMC had promised to send me for being one among the 25. The last time I got t-shirt from them was in November 2005 when I was at their Pleasanton office. I will post a picture of it when I get the t-shirt.
I have seen many forum posts on missing JavaDocs for the com.documentum.services.* package. This JavaDoc can be found at
I saw an interesting post in the documentum support forums today. This person wanted to construct a DQL to find the list of documents that were created in the last 15 minutes. However when you do a subtraction from a DATE attrinbute, content server assumes that the integer refers to a say. Thus DATE(NOW) – 15 would be 15 days in the past from today.